Chatfield Girls Tennis Tryouts
First day of tryouts - Monday, February 26, 3:00 pm at the Ken Caryl Ranch House
Before you even step on the court you will need the following:
- Online Registration
- Physical from a certified physician
- Sport Participation Fee
These requirements must be completed prior to the start of tryouts.
Everything can be now done on-line as they are no longer accepting paper forms.
Bring and What to Wear
Besides a tennis racquet and tennis shoes, each player should bring their own
water and whatever other equipment they may need. Make sure that you come each
day ready to compete and prepared for the cold! Dressing in layers is
- CHSAA specifies that the school’s best 3 tennis players must be the varsity team’s
singles players. Singles positions are based on match play results.
The doubles teams may be any combination of squad members
after the best three players have been determined. However, the #1
doubles team must be the squad’s best doubles team, the #2 doubles team will be
the squads second best doubles team, etc.
- The coaches will assign doubles partners. The criteria for determining who plays with a
certain partner will be based on variables such as doubles skills,
compatibility, attitude and commitment.
- Early spring is a tough time for tennis because of the weather. There
are days when we cannot play at all. Sometimes, the weather is warm enough but the
courts are still covered in snow. Because of this, students trying out may
expect to play indoors on some Friday evenings and/or Saturdays.
- Although we try not to have "cuts" on the tennis team, it is a
competitive sport and is budgeted for a Varsity squad and a second team, only.
Students trying out are expected to know how to keep score and basic tennis
- Parents, please do not attend challenge matches. This is a stressful time for
all players; we don’t want to add to this by allowing parents to be involved in
is not allowed.
- Please support your player, the coaches and other parents. The parent's
responsibility during tryouts (and the whole season) is to love your kid,
encourage sportsmanship and to help positively represent the Charger tennis team.