Girls Tennis - General Information
- Practice is held from 3:00 to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at the Ken-Caryl Ranch House.
Matches usually take place on Tuesday/Thursday at 3:30 pm, although there are exceptions.
Due to weather, matches may be rescheduled for any day of the week except Sunday.
- The varsity squad consists of 3 singles players and 4 doubles teams for a total of 11 members.
If we have enough total participants that come out for tennis, we may have 3 squads.
In that case, there is a Varsity II squad (V2) that consists of the next 11 players after the varsity squad.
Junior Varsity (JV) is everyone after varsity and V2.
- At practice team members can expect to start out with a 5-10 minute warm-up consisting of running and dynamic stretching. This will be followed by a mix of exercises, drills and games depending on what “needs work”. We will end practice with a cool down and stretching (weather permitting). We want to instill good habits as a way of life...
- It is recommended that varsity athletes have an equipment bag with a minimum of 2 identical racquets, plenty of fluids, energy bars, something warm, etc. Basically, you should be prepared for cold weather and have whatever you need to perform optimally. If a player wears contacts, they should have solution/drops.
- Sportsmanship Rules (as established by CHSAA) will be strictly followed. For example, no swearing, no throwing rackets, etc. In a match, this will cost you a point; a second offense will cost you a game, and a third means you are disqualified.
- Training Rules (as established by the Jefferson County League Board of Control) will be strictly enforced. Tennis has a zero tolerance policy for alcohol, drug and tobacco use. If you are caught using any of these substances, you will be suspended based on District Policy.
- The coaches have the prerogative to have an athlete sit out a match for any of the following reasons: if said athlete is blatantly disrespectful to a teammate or coach, is disqualified due to sportsmanship or misses a practice/match without giving notice.